You have certain rights in relation to the personal information that we collect and hold about you when you use our websites, when you visit us, when we contact you about our services or when you are providing products or services to us. For clarity, “we” refers to Interplanetary Inc (dba “IPNY”), as will “our”, “business”, “company” and “us”. “You” are the person, firm, business, representative, or organization reading this notice.
As a business, we are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of all individuals with whom we interact. We will process your personal information at all times in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
IPNY is the controller of your personal information that you provide to us on our websites, when visiting us, or in the course of our sales, marketing and event organization activities. IPNY is registered in the State of New York under the number 45-5504057 and has a registered address at 420 Lexington Avenue Suite 1756; New York, NY 10170; United States.
This note is to make sure you are fully aware of how we may use your personal information. It covers the areas set out below:
- How we collect information about you
- What information we process, what are the purposes and legal bases for that use
- Who we share your personal information with
- Where we process your personal information and the safeguards we have taken for it
- How long we keep your personal information
- Our commitment to you
- What rights you have over your personal information
- Our details
How we collect information about you
We receive information about you in a number of ways.
You may give us the information. This may happen when you:
- Ask for information about our products or services;
- Visit us and provide information we may request at the reception;
- Sign a contract with us for a product or service we provide;
- Are engaged to provide services to us or you sign a contract with us to provide a product or service.
- We may obtain it from publicly available sources, such as your LinkedIn or Twitter profile when you make such information public.
- We may receive your CCTV footage when you attend our premises for meetings or events.
When you give us your explicit consent, we may collect ‘sensitive’ information when processing your disability or health information, race or ethnicity, or your dietary requirements for events we organise, which may reveal your religious or ideological beliefs. We will only process such data if you provide it to us and will seek to dispose of it immediately when we do not need it anymore. This information will not be used for any other purpose.
We do not actively seek to collect information about children aged 13 or under or create interest segments specifically designed for the purpose of targeting children. If we are collecting information about a child, we will seek the appropriate consents from their guardian. If you have any concerns about your child’s privacy in relation to our services, or if you believe that your child may have entered personal data onto our website, please contact us at email@example.com.
What information we process, what are the purposes and legal bases for that use
Depending on the reason why we collect your data, we process the following categories of personal information:
- Information related to your contact details and professional profile: this information varies from your name, address, phone number, email address, title, organization, employment history, your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences, as well as your emails with us. When you ask us for information about our products our services, in order to undertake steps necessary before entering in a contract with you, we use this information to communicate with you about the information you have asked us, such as our newsletter. We may also retain this information for a defined period to keep the records of our sales process in order to address any legal claims as per our legitimate interest. We also rely on legitimate interest to use this information later on to provide you information about similar products or service or in relation to requesting similar products and services form you. For marketing communications from us, you can object to our communications at any time by contacting us to ask to be removed for any further contact.
- Information related to your disability or dietary requirements: we may process information about whether you are disabled in order to make any reasonable adjustments for attending an event, or when you provide your dietary requirements, which may reveal your religious or ideological beliefs. This is strictly optional, and we rely on your explicit consent to process such information. We usually delete this information after the event when we do not need it anymore.
- Information related to your age, gender and nationality: we may process information regarding your age, gender and nationality if you are providing us with production related services.
- Your CCTV footage: if you are invited to attend a meeting or an event at our premises, your images may be recorded by our CCTV cameras in communal areas. This footage will be used for our legitimate interest necessary to ensure the safety of our premises, assets and staff.
Who we share your personal information with
If you are attending an event, we will share your information with our event providers (if any). Apart from that, we generally only use your information within IPNY.
If you are providing products or services to us, we may share your information with third parties such as our clients or other suppliers to the extent that it is necessary to facilitate the purpose for which the information was collected or with your consent.
Sometimes we receive requests for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If there is a legal requirement for sharing your personal information, we will provide it to the organization that is asking for it.
We currently do not engage with third party advertising providers.
Where we process your personal information and the safeguards we have taken for it
Normally, we will only store and use your personal information in our systems, which are located in the United States.
Some of our service providers are located overseas. We have taken steps to make sure that your personal information is transferred only to those organizations which have appropriate safeguards in place such as Standard Contractual Clauses, Binding Corporate Rules or other mechanisms.
How long we keep your personal information
Except for dietary requirements and disability information which we delete immediately after an event, we usually keep your data for no more than 3 years after the end of our customer relationship or from your last interaction with us.
If you are providing us with products or services, we will usually keep your data for no more than 7 years after you provided us with services.
Our commitment to you
We will process your personal information in line with applicable laws. This means that we will:
- only collect and hold information about you which we need for a particular purpose;
- keep your personal information up to date and accurate (to help us do this, please let our Managing Director know if any of your details change);
- comply with your communication preferences and with any objection you may have about the way we communicate with you;
- take appropriate steps to secure and protect your personal information from being used without permission, or illegally, and to safeguard your rights; and
- destroy your personal information in a secure way once we no longer need it.
What rights you have over your personal information
You have certain rights over your personal information, such as:
- the right to access your personal information;
- the right to correct your personal information;
- the rights to erase your personal information or restrict the processing;
- the right to object to being contacted (opt-out); and
- the right to transfer your personal information to another controller.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights) if the request is legitimate. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances whereby we can legally to do so. IPNY will never refuse any request without first reviewing the request and considering the circumstance.
Please be aware that where you opt out of receiving marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a requirement for continuing to receive our services or continue our business operations with you this will have been provided to us, by you, during a separate transaction.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.